This page will be updated for severe weather alerts or
other critical information to keep Parish residents informed.
Emergency Entities have shared the following links to information to help prepare and stay informed for severe weather concerns:
- Be aware of where you live – know your evacuation routes (ready.gov/evacuating-yourself-and-your-family).
- Be financially prepared – check your insurance coverage (floodsmart.gov).
- Make a plan. (ready.gov/make-a-plan)
- Listen to local officials.
- Download the FEMA App. (fema.gov/mobile-app)
General Links, Graphics & Videos: Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommended collections of severe weather-related graphics and content to share -
- National Weather Service Hurricane Preparedness Week (weather.gov/wrn/hurricane-preparedness)
- FEMA Hurricane Safety Graphics (weather.gov/wrn/hurricane-preparedness)
- National Hurricane Center (www.nhc.noaa.gov)
- Learn what to do before, during, and after a hurricane by visiting ready.gov/hurricanes
- Get the kids involved in hurricane preparedness planning with Ready Kids (ready.gov/kids)
- Emergency managers and educators can get tips to help kids cope (fema.gov/children-and-disasters)
- Find hurricane information in 12 other languages by visiting Ready's multilingual page (ready.gov/languages)
- Pet Owner's Planning Guide (fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/90356)
- Video: FEMA Accessible: Hurricane Safety Messages (youtube.com/watch?v=umolcYUCuow)
- Video: FEMA Accessible: Hurricane Basic Preparedness Tips (youtube.com/watch?v=_BbKGRRcr0E)